Sunday, April 12, 2009

A few pictures from Ethiopia

Here are a few general 'Ethiopia' pictures.


Bingham Academy, the school I went to for 4th and 7th grade.


Self explanatory, I think.


Typical load management in Addis Ababa.


The country south of Addis Ababa, west of Soddu on the way to Sawela.


Part of the road down to Makki from Jinka.


A Mursi girl at the missionary school.


Another. I liked her earplates - most are solid.


Another picture of Metser.


The road north, south of Arba Minch.


We passed a market.


Ethiopian Orthodox artwork on the wall of Birhanu Gebreselassie Church.


The priest there. He was a nice guy.


An orphan kid I met. He belonged to the church.


Tisisat Falls, which translates to something like "firesmoke". This is the Blue Nile.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Nice, Eric. I'm counting the days now. . .

Asress Adimi Gikay(PhD) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.