Saturday, August 16, 2008

Still in Urfa

I'm still in Urfa. It turns out that there's not much to do here, but travel arrangements I made for next week have sort of kept me pinned down.

I've met a couple of interesting people passing through the guest house, but most seem to want to see the sights for a day or two and then move quickly on. I've run out of books to read, and everyone at the guest house was off on tours today, so there wasn't a whole lot to do. It's actually getting a little lonely.

The evenings are beautiful, and I sort of wait all day for it. My bed is up on the roof, and as the sun goes down the air cools off and a breeze starts to move. All the lights in the city come on, and Urfa becomes a much more attractive place than it is during the hot and dusty afternoon.

On the 18th I'll be moving on to Kahta, a town a little ways north of here, for a tour of Mt. Nemrud. Again, thanks to all of you for continuing to pray. If you want something specific, you could pray for me to figure out some idea of what, really, I'm supposed to be doing. :) For now, I just feel like a poorly informed tourist.

I'll try to get some pictures up here again. Feel free to shoot me an email to keep me updated on your lives. I really enjoy hearing from people.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Well, nice post and everything, but how was dinner with Yousef? That's what I really want to hear about. I reminded you to pack heat on your jaunt around the globe... none of this would have happened. I don't really want to say I told you so, but then again, I told you so.

summer said...

I'm currious to about dinner, i'm guessing you didn't go! You are on an interesting journey and i'll be praying for some revelation from God for you.

We are all fine here in Boise-hot here @ 100 degrees
looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!